Sunday, May 4, 2008

my update

I have been accepted to the program I wanted to go through for grad school, so eventually I will have my master's degree in library science, which I hope will get me where I think I want to be. I am excited to be on the same campus as Kim, and I'm not exactly sure if she is as excited as I am about it. And I am proud of Ashley for graduating and the prospective jobs ahead of her! But I definitely will miss seeing her when I am on campus in the fall (sometimes I think she is more excited about seeing me than my sister is).

I think Kim and I have gotten closer than we used to be. I think I used to be total BFFs with Emily, but since she got married we have grown apart. And in that time, I feel like I have bonded a lot more with Kim. I don't know if she feels the same way, especially when I go through her closet to find clothes to wear.

So, that being said, I'm kind of bummed that it is the end of the school year because she is about to move and be busy for the summer, so I won't get to see her hardly as much at all.

I had lunch with Emily last week. It was nice to sit and catch up with her, and we talked a lot about things that had been stressing us with work and money and life in general. It is nice that even though we have grown apart, we can pick up right where we left off. I guess that's the thing about sisters.

PS — Paige is going into engineering? I don't know if I ever would have guessed that. I'm not saying she's not smart because I know she totally is, and I know shares the same ambition and drive her sisters have. I'm just thinking back to all the quotes I have heard from her, her blond moments, her gullibility ...

1 comment:

AshleyMae said...

Cheryl you are SO right on. She has many many blonde moments. In fact, that will make for a nice post sometime. She has lots and lots of book smarts... and not so much street smarts.

I do get more excited than Kim to see yoU! I love when we get together!

On that note, I am up here for another week. Can we plan a dinner possibly? Check with KIMBER and let me know!