Saturday, May 9, 2009

I recently heard that brides say from the second bridal shower until the wedding flies by. I would beg to argue that from the day he popped the question it has flown by.

Last weekend, my wonderful sisters threw me a bridal shower and bachelorette party. It was so wonderfully fun. The bridal shower was great. The women that were there played differrent roles helping me become the woman that I am. There were people from high school, people from college, people from hard times, and people from great times. It was so fun to be able to be there, with all these people from all different walks of life.

Sure, I'm not a huge fan of being the center of attention, but I really enjoyed spending time with them.

Then came the bachelorette party. Oh heavens. It was so funny. We started at Buck Mulligans (an Irish Pub my dad helps run). We had dinner and drinks, and the girls got me a button that guys had to spin. They also got me a viel and garter I had the pleasure of wearing all night. I usually don't have fun in bar-type situations...but being with (most) of my bridesmaids and good friends was so awesome. Some of my favorite parts of the night include Paige getting two lap dances, Katie McNaughten's dad buying buttery nipples, that sweet old man that danced with me (and his beautiful wife who gave me a flower and wished me luck), yuckas and peeing behind a truck. Oh what a night. :)

No comments: